This list is explicitly a tie-in with my new short comedy Party Pooper, now available for viewing at Funny Or Die. Now that the film's out, I must reveal myself as a proud fan and practitioner of potty humor. And a running joke in our household has been to take classic pop songs with "love" in the title or lyrics and changing the word to "poop" for big laffs around the dinner table. (Note: It's also fun to change the word "heart" to "butt".) There are hundreds of examples; here are only nine. For the discreet, I will list the songs below by their normal titles, and let you substitute "poop" for "love" by inference.
- YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE, The Supremes. No, you just have to wait. She said love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take.
- WHOLE LOTTA LOVE, Led Zeppelin. I'm gonna give you every inch of my love.
- MY POOP, Petula Clark. My love is warmer than the warmest sunshine, softer than a sigh. My love is deeper than the deepest ocean, wider than the sky.
- THE POWER OF LOVE, Huey Lewis and the News. The power of love is a curious thing. Make a one man weep, make another man sing.
- LOVE HURTS, Roy Orbison (also: Nazareth). Love is like a flame. It burns you when it's hot.
- LOOKIN' FOR LOVE, Waylon Jennings. I was looking for love in all the wrong places. Looking for love in too many faces.
- WHAT ABOUT LOVE, Heart. Don't let it slip away. What about love – I only want to share it with you.
- SHOWER ME WITH YOUR LOVE, Surface. Shower me with the love that I long for.
- TWO LOVERS, Mary Wells. I've got two lovers, and I ain't ashamed. Two lovers and I love them both the same.